Sunday, March 3, 2013

Vote Cog Dis 2013!

At the end of 2011, I was in dire straits.

My old computer was on its last circuits and was about to fail completely.  I reluctantly asked for help, since I could not afford a new one on my own.

You, my friends, responded in overwhelming numbers and chipped in to help me buy the People's Computer.  I still feel humbled and honored and more than a bit mystified when I think of your kindness and generosity.  I hope that you have found that your generous donations were not squandered.

A few months later, you came through for me again and voted this here blog to be the "Best of the Web" for political blogs in a poll taken by the Shepherd Express.

Now, I come to ask for your help again.

The Fix at the Washington Post is updating their list of the best political blogs with a focus on state politics.  The last time they did this, some eighteen months ago, such prestigious blogs such as Blogging Blue, Blue Cheddar, Dane 101 and Uppity Wisconsin made the list.

I'd like to ask the gentle reader to throw their support for Cognitive Dissidence as well for this year.  I ask this not just for myself, or for my worthy colleagues of dissent: Jeff, Meg, Shane, Steve and Keith.  I ask this of you for you too.

After all, my writing is done on the People's Computer, and this blog is "of the people, by the people and for the people."

And I think it would be a most horrible thing if something like Charlie Sykes' White Wisconsin would make it and we weren't repping the good people of Wisconsin.

So go to the Fix's poll and please give us a plug.

And on behalf of the Cog Dis crew, I thank you again for your support.  It means more to us than mere words can describe.

2 comments:

  1. Sure, Chris. Done:

    Chris is thorough, usually on the mark, and passionate. The word "conservative" is widely abused by the chattering classes, but with his progressive posts Chris reveals a true conservatism about our civil rights and the dangers we might lose them in an ideological struggle. His focus is State government from the view of the state's most populous county.

    ReplyDelete