Monday, July 2, 2012

Anniversaries #5 and #4 - What A Difference A Year Makes!

It was five years ago on this date that Jay Bullock unleashed me on the Cheddarsphere.

One year later, also on this date, I unleashed Cog Dis on the Cheddarsphere.

The story is here, if you are interested. In one short year, I went from a writer on one of the greatest blogs in Cheddarland to heading up a crew of writers to being a lone blogger.

The last year has also brought on many changes. Cog Dis went from the long lasting green and gold format to the one you see now. I also was fortunate enough to bring on other authors to help with the fight for Wisconsin and our country and for our very rights.

I also was reminded of what great friends I have in #wiunion, who came together in my time of need to give me the greatest weapon known, the People's Computer, the machine that kills fascists. I cannot even begin to express how much that gift meant to me.

But you didn't stop there. You, gentle readers, also voted Cog Dis to be the Best of the Web.

Most of all, I am full of gratitude for your readership and, even more importantly, your friendship. These are by far, the most valuable gifts you have given to me.

Andfor everything, I thank you with all my heart.

So have some cake and ice-cream, put on your party hats, and take a balloon or two.

But then get ready.

We still have a lot of work to do before our state is set to rights and our country is protected by the those that threaten it.

And I'll - correction - we'll be there every step of the way.

And to be honest, I'm kind of excited to see what the future will bring. I do know that hatever it is, good or ill, we'll handle it together.

7 comments:

  1. You're the best. Truly.

    I can't thank you enough for your all
    your hard work.

    In a vast sea of right-wing blather and misinformation you are a life raft.

    You are absolutely the best source for info on the John Doe investigation.

    I read your work everyday and recommend your
    site as often as I can.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just discovered you in the last few month because I resisted Facebook for a long time. I want to apologize for waiting so long to find you? But, I want you to know, I'm not leaving anytime soon because your columns are always interesting, well-researched, and compelling to read. Keep it up, Capper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Proud to be a small part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'm glad to have you be a big part of it!

      Delete
  4. I just want to echo how important you are to us Capper, that you're a tether to that spirit we found with each other in those Madison moments leading up to Act 10. And beyond that, to what comes next for us as we counter whatever these neocons run amok bring. I've recommended you to so many and we are spreading the word in the hubs of our little interconnected worlds; the mom&pop grocery store, the gas station, the fishing hole etc. It's good to know we're connecting over how to navigate new state directives w/twists on the old ones. We all check in a couple of times a day to see what John Doe reveals as we anticipate a manacled shuffle for the dispensable weasel. Enjoy the accolades. Best Wishes, minnow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capper-
    You help me keep my sanity. I love your blog.
    Thank-you,
    Your friend and gentle reader,
    Anonymous #721

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete