By Jeff Simpson
In Manitowoc, 17 people learned the hard lesson of trying to live under WISGOP rule.
MANITOWOC - Seventeen people suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in downtown Manitowoc were taken to local hospitals Monday morning, Manitowoc Fire Chief Todd Blaser said during a 2 p.m. news conference Monday.
Ten people — two families and two individuals — who resided on the upper level of the buildings on the block have been temporarily displaced. Seven people who were in Susie Kay's Café were also treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Four people were taken to Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee to be treated with a hyperbaric chamber. One was flown to Milwaukee by helicopter.
What does this story have to do with the WISGOP? While it was never mentioned in the news story, Rep. Paul Tittle (R-American Federation for Children), is the owner of the building. Rep. Tittl saved himself $20(being a fiscal conservative), and almost cost 17 people their lives!
While government regulations and carbon monoxide detectors are not welcome, feel free to bring your gun(sign in Tittl's store front)!
Apparently CCW does not protect you against slum lords who refuse to follow code and install simple carbon monoxide detectors. Who Knew?
Luckily, for the people in the 25th Assembly District have someone running who values their life more than a green piece of paper with Andrew Jackson's picture on it - Ron Kossik!
Here is Mr. Kossik's website, go "like" his facebook page and send him a few bucks and/or go knock on doors for him for a couple hours! Those 17 people who almost died, and the rest of Wisconsin will thank you!