By Jeff Simpson
Ryan Solen is the Democratic candidate for the 1st Congressional District in Wisconsin. He is challenging some guy you may have heard of - Paul Ryan (R-Wall St.). However, Mr. Ryan who is currently the Speaker of the House(the third most powerful position in America), is ducking the debate.
While its an overplayed cliche, there is some ring of truth to it in terms of if you can't stand up to your political opponent in a moderated debate, how can you possible stand up to ISIS.
Ryan Solen has done all the leg work for a debate to happen from setting the time, securing the venue, etc.... now all he needs is Paul Ryan to actually respect the people of the 1st Congressional district and show up!
The following invite was delivered to Mr. Ryan's office recently:
Let's hope that Mr. Ryan has the respect for our democratic process to show up and debate.
In the meantime, Mr. Solen can use some help. Send him a few bucks or a couple hours of your time. You can reach him via his facebook page or his website! Watch his Wisconsin Eye interview here.
My name is Ryan Solen. Some of the things that I believe will help us the most:
• Balance the budget and pay-off the national debt to put the ~$260 Billion in interest payments to better use.
• Universal health care to ensure a healthy and productive population.
• Investment in our crumbling infrastructure.
• Reform university tuition and student loan regulations.
• Revise and simplify the tax code.
• Protect Social Security; raise the taxable income cap on it, and prevent any privatization of the system.
• Strict term limits on the Senate and the House of Representatives.