Saturday, July 23, 2016

Sean Duffy: Trump Speaks For White Men



US Representative and former reality TV star Sean Duffy is all in for Donald Trump because Trump speaks for the underprivileged white man:
During a CNN interview this morning, Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) acknowledged the Trump phenomenon for what it is — identity politics for white men.

While opining about Trump’s RNC-closing speech, Duffy said, “There’s a viewpoint that says, ‘I can fight for minorities, and I can fight for women,’ and if you get that, you make up a vast majority of the voting block and you win. And white males have been left aside a little bit in the politics of who speaks to them.”

Duffy’s implication is that in Trump, white guys have finally found a candidate who speaks to their concerns.
The article goes on to point out just how underrepresented white men are in Washington, DC:
Whether or not they’re effectively communicating to white male voters, white men are certainly still well represented in Congress. When the 114th Congress was sworn in in January 2015, 80 percent of members were white males. By contrast, white guys only make up roughly 31 percent of the American population.
Oh, the horror!

And if anyone knows about being a poor, underprivileged white man, it's Duffy.

It was Duffy that pointed out how he is struggling to survive on only $174,000 a year. Duffy has it so bad that he had to drive a used minivan:
Displaying that delicate sense of empathy characteristic of conservatives, Duffy whined about his $174,000 congressional salary and his “used minivan.” When the man pointed out his salary was “three times what I make,” Duffy reassured him that “I have more debt than you.” “I’m not living high off the hog,” he added:
Constituent: But a hundred and seventy-four thousand, that’s three times — that’s three of my family’s — three times what I make.

Duffy: Well our budget…I moved to cut by 5 percent. I did. You know what, I have no problem..let’s have a movement afoot. I walked into this job 6 weeks ago..um that I worked incredibly hard for. And I can guarantee you or most of you, I guarantee that I have more debt than all of you.

With 6 kids, I still pay off my student loans. I still pay my mortgage. I drive a used minivan. If you think I’m living high off the hog, I’ve got one paycheck. So I..I struggle to meet my bills right now. Would it be easier for me if I get more paychecks? Maybe, but at this point I’m not living high off the hog.
Well, OK, it's $$174,000 plus an exorbitant mileage reimbursement, all the taxpayer money he can squander and all the graft he can carry in the back of his minivan, but still...the struggle is real!

H/T Scarce

3 comments:

  1. Duffy probably wouldn't need to drive a minivan if he's quit treating his wife's vagina like it was a clown car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither Duffy nor Trump speak for me.

    For some strange reason I feel that if I were having the financial difficulties that Rep. Duffy is having, he and his republican coleagues would offer me no help whatsoever and demand that I live within my means.

    ReplyDelete