This weekend in green bay was the GOP convention, which as Capper so astutely pointed out, was part rummage sale and also part comedy show.
* Scott Walker sent a clear message to Russ Feingold to pack his bags, he is going back to Washington DC:
- Walker called for focusing "like a laser beam" on getting Republicans excited about supporting Johnson.
We all remember the last time Scott Walker "focused like a laser beam" on something...he miserably failed.
* Ron Johnson (R-Ring Salesman), the man that Walker cursed, compared his upcoming election defeat, to the plight of the citizens on US Flight 93. For those of you who do not remember, Flight 93 was also hijacked on 9/11 and was headed to the White House, before the passengers worked together to crash the plane in a field in PA.
Sen. Ron Johnson is comparing the upcoming election with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Johnson in his speech Saturday at the Wisconsin Republican Party convention told the story of Flight 93. Passengers on that flight took a vote before storming the cabin, forcing the plane to crash in a Pennsylvania field.
Apparently Ron Johnson believes him keeping his job in Washington DC is the equivalent to 40 American lives . If Godwin's Law says that when someone brings up Hitler in an argument they automatically lose, We need to have a new law for when someone brings up 9/11 that means the same thing.
* Scott Walker kid, proving the apple does not fall far from the tree, gave a speech where he pointed out that all of his peers at UW-Madison are too dumb to vote Republican.
He says not all college students are "liberal Bernie Sanders-loving socialists." He says "many of them are Republicans and they don't even know it."
The Walker clan really has a gift of gab!
* Tampax heir and career Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R- Michelle Obama is fat) after letting the party know that the Canadian Cowboy Ted 'creepy' Cruz was his candidate of choice, now support The Donald.
“Do we want four more years of that from the bully pulpit?” Sensenbrenner asked. “Or do we want somebody who will bring this country back to common sense, back to sanity?”
Yoo Hoo Jimmy: Common sense? Sanity?
Finally Senator Scott Fitzgerald gave a rousing speech where he called The Donald a populist who can bring new voters into the party:
Sen. Scott Fitzgerald, R-Juneau, who has said the party should embrace Trump as a populist who draws in new voters.
Here is your GOP populist in action:
I wonder if this couple listens to Donald Trump greatest hits while cruising around town?
Thanks for the memories guys.....we have not had this much fun since the Republican named a convention "family values conference".
Buckle up all its going to be an interesting ride.....
Edit note: I was just alerted to the fact that our very own Glenn Grothman has developed a big ole heart in Washington...kind of like our very own tin man