Monday, November 2, 2015

The Hypocrisy of Paul Ryan

By Jeff Simpson 

We all know that Paul Ryan (R- Wall St.) was recently voted in as the new Speaker of the House.   After John Boehner was forced out by the radical wing, that they recruited, it was determined that anyone who wanted the job was too crazy to be put on public display so by default the position went to Ryan, who has done a great job conning America.  

Ryan however made a point of letting America know, he would only accept the position on one condition - He be able to spend time with his family.  

How noble.   Unfortunately it did not take long for everyone to see that while he demanded family time, he does not think you deserve the same.

 When asked on "Fox News Sunday" whether he would make paid family leave legislation a priority, Ryan stressed he was referring to spending weekends with his family and constituents in Janesville."I don't think people asked me to be speaker so I can take more money from hardworking taxpayers to create some new federal entitlement. But I think people want to have members of Congress that represent them, that are like them," Ryan said. "Don't you want your member of Congress to be a citizen legislator who lives with you, among you, who has your own kinds of concerns, who wants to spend time with his children on Saturdays and Sundays?
"That I think is what most people want in their life, is a balance. So if you're asking me because I want to continue being the best dad and husband and speaker I can be — getting that work-life balance correct — means I should sign up for some new unfunded entitlement, that doesn't make any sense to me."
Ryan made a similar comment to CNN's Dana Bash on "State of the Union," saying, "I don't think that sticking up for being a person with balance in your life, for wanting to spend your weekends in your home with your family ...I don't think that means signing up for some new unfunded mandate."
Some Democrats have called it hypocritical that Ryan refused to give up his family time for the speaker job while blocking legislation that would require employers to offer paid family leave.
Eligible workers currently are able to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid time off for illnesses or a new baby while still having their jobs protected under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act. Some companies choose to offer paid leave, while others do not.
The United States is one of just a few countries that do not guarantee paid family leave. Obama has been pushing to change that, and in his 2015 State of the Union address he called on Congress to send him a bill that would give every worker in the country the opportunity to earn seven days of paid leave.
What is interesting is this line(emphasis mine):

"I don't think people asked me to be speaker so I can take more money from hardworking taxpayers to create some new federal entitlement. But I think people want to have members of Congress that represent them, that are like them," Ryan said. "Don't you want your member of Congress to be a citizen legislator who lives with you, among you, who has your own kinds of concerns, who wants to spend time with his children on Saturdays and Sundays?

Yes, we do and what is a concern is when someone in our family gets sick and we are living paycheck to paycheck and trying to figure out a way to take care of them and not lose our house.  

Do you really think, if a member of Paul Ryans family was sick, he would come home and help take care of them BUT forfeit his pay while he was doing so?  

Then there is also this gem,

"I live in Janesville, Wisconsin. I commute back and forth every week. I just work here. I don’t live here," he said, per Politico. "I get up very early in the morning. I work out. I work until about 11:30 at night. I go to bed, and I do the same thing the next day. It actually makes me more efficient. I can actually get more work done by sleeping on a cot in my office, and I’m going to keep doing it." 
We were able to get a picture of Paul Ryan hard at work until 11:30 before he turned in on his cot.



For those scoring at home, that is Paul Ryan with two lobbyists at a Steakhouse in DC and the bottle of Pinot Noir centerpiece on the table costs $350/bottle.  

Yep just like his neighbors in Janesville.  

No comments:

Post a Comment