By Jeff Simpson
The Republican party has always had their problems with sexual deviants. From Bill Kramer and Robin Vos in Wisconsin to Joe Scarborough and Newt Gingrich nationally.
The Republicans do a real good job of touting themselves as the "family values" party while all of these things are happening. With a few hundred millions of dollars to advertise, a compliant media and toothless opposition, they are able to actually get away with it.
However there are other skeletons in their closet that they can not always get away with. This is when Republicans in the inner circle go after young boys. From former Congressman Mark Foley to Scott Walker's right hand man Tim Russell.
When these stories come out, the right wing echo chamber pounces. Remember when Jimmy Wigderson defended preying on underage kids by Russell /Pierick ?
Then there is the case of Brian Pierick, Russell’s paramour, who was caught texting with a 17-year-old who claimed he was 19. I think it would be pretty hard to imagine that this crime took a three-year John Doe investigation to solve. Pierick got probation.Now Right Wisconsin and their wingnut welfare employee Kevin Binversie is at it again.
It’s hard to imagine that any of these crimes needed the time and resources invested by the Milwaukee district attorney’s office. Unfortunately, we may never know the full cost of the investigation. The district attorney’s office denied a request by the MacIver Institute to find out how many hours staff worked on the investigation.
We’ve written in the past on multiple occasions about how both Russ Feingold and Tammy Baldwin are clinging to donations from New Jersey Democratic Senator Bob Menendez. Menendez was indicted back in April by the FBI for alleged violations of campaign donation limits and the acceptance of illegal gifts.Both Feingold and Baldwin received $5,000 from Menendez in 2010 and 2012 respectively. Baldwin has maintained a stance that she will only return the money if or when Menendez is convicted, while Feingold’s campaign has never responded to press inquiries related to the contribution.
Fast forward to the recent scandal that has surrounded former Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives Dennis Hastert. Like Menendez, during Hastert’s years in politics he maintained a leadership PAC which handed out donations to members of his party.
So Right Binversie has been hounding Democrats to give back campaign donations for the corrupt Menendez. Hilarious, considering they work for the formerly convicted felon Scott Jensen but Hypocrisy is a value of theirs.
What sickens me however is this:
Fast forward to the recent scandal that has surrounded former Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives Dennis Hastert. Like Menendez,
There is nothing about Menendez that is "Like" Hastert. Hastert was busted paying off someone who he messed with when the victim was underage, to the tune of millions of dollars. Menendez is like our former Speaker without the benefit of a Waukesha county trial and a get out of jail free card by Brad Schimel.
Leave it to the right wing echo chamber, and their win at ALL costs mentality to equate politics with preying on underage children.
It is rather disgusting when these people use their forum to protect people who prey on children.
Edit Note: Just wanted to share some pure delicious irony regarding Dennis Hastert and his recent arrest courtesy of Larisa Alexandrovna Horton:
Oh the absolutely delicious irony of the Denny Hastert indictment. If you have not heard about this, Google is your friend. For the rest of you, let's just recap the hilarity of this situation:
1. Hastert was hardly investigated let alone indicted for the myriad of allegations ranging from bribery to money laundering.
2. Hastert was hardly investigated let alone indicted for the myriad of allegations involving leaking state secrets to foreign actors in exchange for cash.
3. Hastert was hardly investigated let alone indicted for the myriad of allegations relating to his own days as a lobbyist
4. Hastert was hardly investigated let alone indicted for the myriad of allegations pertaining to his well-timed real estate investments
5. Finally (and according to the indictment of yesterday), Hastert was hardly investigated let alone indicted for alleged improprieties with a possible minor/student of his.4. Hastert was hardly investigated let alone indicted for the myriad of allegations pertaining to his well-timed real estate investments5. Finally (and according to the indictment of yesterday), Hastert was hardly investigated let alone indicted for alleged improprieties with a possible minor/student of his.Yet, Hastert was investigated for withdrawing money from his OWN bank account - the withdrawn funds were NOT used for any criminal purpose. He was indicted because he a). attempted to hide withdrawing money from his OWN bank account (for use in non-criminal purposes) and b). for lying to the FBI about why he was withdrawing his OWN money. Why is this so ironic you ask (ridiculous, yes, but why ironic?). Because thanks to Hastert's own hand at pushing through the infamous Patriot Act, the FBI was able to use provisions in the PA to conduct this ridiculous investigation of Hastert withdrawing his OWN money from his OWN bank account to use for non-criminal purposes. How I love the smell of delicious, oven-baked, irony such as this!
Updated: see here, no really:http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Dennis_Hastert
Edit Note 2 - If some unGodly set of circumstances happen and we elect Scott Walker President, Scott Walker would renew the Patriot Act.