We all knew this was coming sooner or later, the puppets of the plutocratic American Legislative Exchange Council will be introducing Right to Work next week in Madison. Many Republicans have for years objected to the collective voice of unions because of the roll they play in balancing the power of workers and corporations. These "Tea Party Patriots" believe in a top down monarchal system just like their Tory forbearers that fought on the side of the British in the Revolutionary War. The difference between then and now is the East India Company has been replaced by the likes of Koch Industries and Walmart. The simple fact about unions, is that they are what provide democracy in the workplace.
In order to do all we can to push back against this attack, here are some links to help you out.
- Some facts to use with your republican neighbor.
- 2014 Union Membership By State
- Contact your State Rep and Senator.
- Sign this petition and receive up to date info on actions from your Union brothers and sisters
- For a little hope, read this article about why unions are poised for a comeback.
See you in Madison for a rally on Tuesday, February 24 AND Wednesday February 25 at 12:00 p.m. We will be on the State Street side of the Capitol.