Now, we've already discussed how, in the zeal to take out Ellis, they left one of their key operatives, Judith Rhodes Engels, exposed and pretty well implicated in the ongoing Sons of John Doe investigations.
However, there are a lot of questions that have been left unanswered, enough to go around for almost everyone.
The biggest question is "Who called for the hit?"
Some say it was Scott Jensen because Ellis has been opposed to a statewide expansion of the profiteering of the education system. It's also been said that the orders came from Washington, D.C. (read Reince Priebus, who still has his fingers in a lot of pies in Wisconsin), because he wasn't crazy teahadist enough for them. I've also heard that the attack on Ellis was nothing more than a decoy to take some of the attention away from Bill Kramer and his sexual assault charges.
But there are many other questions that need to be answered. Some of these include the following:
For Judith Rhodes Engels:
- Have you and//or how many of these "fake organizations" have you set up for the GOP?
- Are you currently under investigation for the Sons of Doe probe for illegal collusion between political campaigns and third party groups?
- Who told you to share the "All Contributions" Excel file with Kelly Rindfleisch as was uncovered during her criminal trial?
- Considering that you probably knew that Ellis was being targeted, how much money did you get for your role?
For Kelly Rindfleisch:
- You were convicted for your role in the original Walkergate misconduct. Were you taking orders from Rhodes Engels at the time?
- Who told you how to do the fundraising you did for Brett Davis and then for Scott Walker?
- Where are you working now?
For Mike Ellis:
- Is this really how you want your career to end?
- Are you going to take any action against your attackers or are you going to scoot off with your tail between your legs?
- If Governor Walker calls a special session, would you go back?
- If you do go back for a special session, how much of a rubber stamp for Walker are you going to be?
- What are you going to do with all that loot in your campaign chest?
For Scott Walker:
- What did you know and when did you know it?
For Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm:
- After you clear the legal obstacles that Scott Walker, George O'Keefe and others are trying to put in your way, how much longer before you start slapping cuffs on people? After all, it's pretty damn obvious what is going on here.
It would be nice if the state media would do some sort of follow up, but they are already busy shouting "Squirrel!" over the GOP's latest distraction.