"I'm trying to run a functioning organization, I'm not trying to do anything that's wildly out of the norm," Abele said.What an odd thing for Abele to say. Remember, he is saying this in defense of the exorbitant wages he is paying his political appointees, even as he is cutting pay for other county workers and denying services to our most vulnerable citizens.
It gets even more ironic when one considers what Abele considers to be a "functioning organization."
In his short tenure, his idea of "functioning organization" includes:
- Firing over a dozen top aides and staff members without explanation
- Maltreatment of our most vulnerable citizens leading up to many deaths
- Burning down the courthouse
- Unbalanced budgets
- Refusing to work with the unions (which will end up costing tax payers hundreds of millions of dollars)
- Paying off Teapublican state legislators in order to end representative government and to concentrate power into his own hands.
The list could go on forever.
But come to think of it, maybe the quote isn't that ironic after all.
Abele said that he is only trying to run a functioning organization. He never said he was actually doing it.