When Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen announced that he was not going to run for election next year - a move that was obviously timed to steal Mary Burke's thunder - one's thoughts should go to Van Hollen's "achievements," which don't add up to much. They include:
- Failed to investigate, much less arrest, anyone in the ongoing WEDC scandal,
- Opened the floodgates for the gun nuts making all our lives less safe,
- Failed to prosecute the disgraced District Attorney of Calumet County, Kenneth Kratz, even though he knew of the crime for a year,
- Failed to investigate, much less arrest, anyone in the ongoing Sportsmen United scandal,
- Tried to help Leah Vukmir dodge open record requests dealing with her role in ALEC,
- Prosecuted political prisoners, like participants in the Solidarity Sing Along,
- Joined in the frivolous lawsuit against the Affordable Care Act
- Helped set up a Big Brother police state where police can take your DNA for any arrest.
And those are just a few of his "highlights."
Van Hollen might have this mental image of him being a hero riding into the sunset, but the sad reality is that he is a rat running off into the sewer from whence he climbed out of.