Thursday, October 10, 2013

Janis For Senate


 

By Jeff Simpson

With the upcoming retirement of Senator Tim Cullen, people are lining up for a chance to replace him.   The first to jump into the race is Representative Janis Ringhand!



“After learning of Senator Cullen’s retirement last month, I spoke with my family, friends and neighbors about the future of our Senate seat. The decision for me is clear – now is the time to run.

“Yesterday, I resigned my position as Secretary for the Assembly Democratic Caucus. While I will continue serving in the State Assembly through the end of my term, it is important to me that our leadership team be comprised of members fully committed to returning our Caucus to the majority.

“As the saying goes, do what you love and love what you do. Since 1998, I have served the people of Rock, Green and Dane Counties, and have worked hard to make our community a better place to live, work and raise a family. As a lifelong resident of Rock County, this is a place I proudly call my home. From my time in local government on the Evansville City Council and as Mayor of Evansville, to my election and re-election to the State Assembly – I have truly done what I love and loved what I have done. However, now is the time to start a new chapter. I look forward to the days ahead and am excited to continue serving the people and places I care so deeply about.”

State Representative Janis Ringhand is a lifelong resident of Rock County. She lives in Evansville with her husband, Gordy, where they enjoy spending time with their two children and five grandchildren. Prior to her election to the State Assembly, Janis helped run the family business, Ringhand Meat and Beverage, while later moving on to serve Evansville as Alderwoman and eventually Mayor. She is currently a member of the Janesville Literacy Connection, Stoughton Hospital Board, Evansville Energy Independence, Green County Local Emergency Planning Committee and VFW Auxiliary in Evansville. A formal campaign kickoff will be held in two weeks.
"Like" her Facebook page


1 comment:

  1. Janis has been tireless in making Wisconsin a place where working families have a chance to flourish. She has worked for small business, literacy, and basic dignity. It will be my pleasure to do all I can to get her elected to higher office.

    ReplyDelete