WHAT: Public Education is a Civil Right March & Rally
WHEN: Saturday, September 21, 2013
10:30 a.m. march at Milwaukee High School of the Arts, 2300 W. Highland Ave
1:00 p.m. rally at Forest Avenue School, 1516 W. Forest Home Avenue
The march and rally will include school drum lines, sports teams, walking art shows, award-winning students teachers and other illustrations of quality public schools.
All children deserve a world-class public education! We are marching to:
Accommodations are available for those with different abilities, including transportation along the march route. For more information, a map of the route, and a full list of sponsors visit the Face Book event page.
- Fully fund public schools
- Keep a strong taxpayer voice in school governance
- Stop privatization of public education
- Hold voucher schools accountable
- Require quality physical infrastructure for all schools
Phil Neuenfeldt, President
Stephanie Bloomingdale, Secretary-Treasurer