By Jeff Simpson
Joe Sanfelippo, You know the guy who so many on the left want to jump on his end democracy in Milwaukee County as we know it bill, had this to say about the Solidarity Singers:
"It’s sad when a person feels their life is so empty and meaningless that the highlight of their day is to invade an otherwise peaceful capital every noon hour and raise a raucous in the rotunda. If these attention-starved individuals really wanted to contribute something helpful to society, they would spend their days volunteering in soup kitchens or homeless shelters rather than putting on infantile demonstrations for public gratification. Then again, helping people that really need it wouldn’t attract the TV cameras and news reporters that these individuals so desperately crave."Here is the actual press release from Rep. Sanfelippo(spelling errors and all)
I called Representative Sanfelippo's office, and was told that if I emailed my questions, he would answer me. I am guessing that they were busy volunteering at the homeless shelter(or writing poorly worded silly press releases).
My list of question for Joe, were these:
Maybe you will have better luck getting an answer - email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
* When was the last time YOU volunteered at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen?
* Have you ever felt such things about lobbyists who are perpetually in your office and meeting with you?
* Would you afford the same amount of meeting time with MS. Kemble as you do Convicted felon Scott Jensen?
* Do you think that that the $34,000 people have given you could be better used to help the homeless or for food shelters?
* Do you think that the $202,972 That convicted felon Scott Jensen earned as a lobbyist OR that the $2,392,000 that the Walton funded, public school attacking, American Federation for Children spent trying to privatize our public education could have been better spent at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen? That buys ALOT of soup(about 2.4 Million cans). I am guessing that $2.4 Million is more than the budget of the Dane County Food Pantry AND Homeless Shelters combined!
By the way, Sanfelippo's quote sounds eerily like another quote from someone who did not like when the peasants revolted - , "for daring and desperate is the spirit of those leaders".
The King would have been proud!