Emerge America is seeking a new President! Are you a fierce advocate for growing the ranks of Democratic women in elected and appointed office? Below you will find more information about the President position.
Location: Washington DC area preferred
Emerge America is changing the face of American politics by identifying, training and encouraging Democratic women to run for office. Our premiere seven-month training program is currently in place in 13 states. Emerge America seeks a candidate for the position of President who can continue to strategically expand our reach, build a national media presence, and grow our fundraising base.
The President will provide leadership, vision and direction to Emerge America, Emerge’s state programs, and Emerge Alumnae and supporters. The President is the national face of the organization, leads organizational development, plans and implements fundraising efforts, builds donor relationships and manages operations and finances. In conjunction with the board, s/he sets the strategic direction of the organization.
- Guiding the mission by providing leadership and oversight for national and state staff and boards
- Growing national fundraising efforts by developing and implementing strategic fundraising plans
- Leading organizational outreach by serving as the spokesperson for the organization, developing and overseeing the implementation of a proactive communication strategy, and broadening the organization’s reach through social, print and broadcast media
- Managing the Emerge America staff and budget through both oversight and strategic planning
- Leading Emerge State Relations by providing strong, supportive communication and assistance, and
- Strengthening the national Board through strategic development and strong leadership
The Ideal Candidate
Emerge America is looking for a seasoned leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who has both vision and the ability to execute that vision. This candidate will possess experience developing and implementing successful fundraising plans, cultivating donors, excellent communication skills, experience working with a diverse populations, a high degree of integrity and a passion for electing Democratic women. Experience working successfully with a board of directors is a plus.
Emerge is currently accepting applications, the deadline for submission is July 31, 2013. This position requires evening and weekend work with up to 50% travel to visit state programs and conduct fundraising meetings and events. Salary commensurate with experience.
Email your resume and cover letter to:
Emerge America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Monday, July 1, 2013
From my inbox, just in case you're interested...
Posted by capper at 8:23:00 PM