The introduction page gives you an idea of why the dark overlords don't want you to even know the site exists, much less read it:
If You Are Considering a Teaching Position in Walker's Wisconsin, Please Be Aware:They even have the eye-opening details of what changes that some school districts have made since Act 10. Here's a hint: Not one of them was for the better.
Before you sign a contract to teach in a Wisconsin public school, we strongly urge you to learn more about teaching in Wisconsin through the information that we have provided on this website. In particular, we hope the District Information pages will be particularly useful to you in your job search. We hope that you find the information on this website valuable in selecting the best district to begin or continue your teaching career.
- You Will Be a Probationary Teacher Forever. Walker's Wisconsin is the only state in America where all teachers have lost tenure or career status.
- At the Same Time that Governor Walker Has Made Billions of Dollars in Cuts to Public Education ( the Deepest Cuts in Wisconsin's History), Governor Walker Has Proposed Increasing Aid To Unaccountable Voucher Schools By 32 %. No state in America has made more severe cuts to public education than Wisconsin.
- Governor Walker Specifically Targeted Teachers With a Rule Change Forever Limiting Teacher Raises Well Below the Inflation Rate.
- In Walker's Wisconsin, Many School Districts Are Reducing Salaries, Eliminating Benefits, and Increasing Teacher Workload: Use the information on the District pages to find out which school districts are aggressively repealing the gains teachers made over 40 years of collective bargaining by enacting regressive employment rules requiring extended teacher workdays, 60+ hour workweeks, required weekend work, adding weeks of teaching or inservice training to the contracted year, eliminating preparation time, taking away sick days, eliminating retirement benefits, and making severe reductions in salaries and benefits.
- Governor Walker & his Republican Allies have repealed Equal Pay for Equal Work laws in Wisconsin. This opens the door to paying male teachers significantly more than female teachers as was common in Wisconsin prior to the 1970's.
- Before You Sign a Contract, Find Out the Amount of the Contract Breakage Fee. Many school districts have imposed massive contract breakage fees (often $3,000+) to limit teachers' ability to leave for a better employment opportunity. A good rule of thumb for job candidates: The most demanding, even abusive districts to work for often have the highest contract breakage fees. Once you sign that first contract, they HAVE you and are going to do everything possible to keep you from leaving for a better career opportunity.
I would highly recommend that the gentle reader take the time to explore the site. Then share it with your friends, especially those who are already teachers or who are thinking of entering teaching in Fitzwalkerstan.