Saturday, May 25, 2013

'Everything I Love About Teaching Is Extinct'

A teacher from Illinois gives her resignation notice via a ten minute video.  Although this teach is from Illinois, I have heard many Wisconsin teachers say words to the same effect:



"I was proud to say I was a teacher," Rubenstein tells the camera, after describing how she abandoned a career in public relations to "do something meaningful" with her life. "But over the past 15 years, I've experienced the depressing, gradual downfall and misdirection of communication that has slowly eaten away at my love of teaching."

"Raising students' test scores on standardized tests is now the only goal, and in order to achieve it the creativity, flexibility and spontinaety that create authentic learning environments have been eliminated. ... Everything I love about teaching is extinct," she continues.
I wonder how long it's going to take to start reversing the damage that the Republicans and Corporate Dems are doing.

I wonder how much more of this idiocy and insanity we can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment