Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Walker Agenda Is Still Working! Part CLXXVI

Thank goodness that Scott Walker made the state so business friendly:
Jacksonville, Fla.-based FIS notified the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development today that it will close its facility at 1515 N. Rivercenter Drive in Milwaukee and lay off about 301 employees.

The company, which was formed when Fidelity National Information Services Inc. acquired Brown Deer-based Metavante Technologies Inc. in 2009, is one of the world’s largest providers of banking and payment technologies. It serves more than 14,000 financial institutions and businesses in more than 100 countries.

FIS plans to begin the lay off process on or after July 1, and continue eliminating positions in phases until it closes permanently on November 1.

According to the WARN notice, “The closure has been prompted by the company’s decision to consolidate services with other FIS locations.”
The next line in the story makes me really wish to know how many of them support all the union-bashing and union-busting that's been going on:
The 285 hourly and 16 salaried employees were notified of the closure yesterday. They are not represented by a union and none of them will have bumping rights to other positions.
That's the kind of thing that can happen when one gives up their rights.

Oh, and it's working!

2 comments:

  1. I do not know why, but when I click on this link from Facebook, I get a popup that says Facebook thinks this site may be unsafe...and to verify that this is spam or not spam. It doesn't matter how many times I click on it, I get the same popup. I always report it as "not spam".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the same thing today. I just check "not spam;" don't know if there's anything else I should do.

    ReplyDelete