Then thanks to some good research from the blogosphere, we find out that the righty's faux outrage and the reporters who rushed to judgement were just being blatant hypocrites. Unfortunately Mike Tate took the bait, and Graeme's twitter account away.
Let's look at this story a little more in depth.
1. Many people have stood up for Graeme because he helped them out when they needed it. I respect that. However that is not me. I do not write this from that angle, as a matter of fact, I asked for one small favor once and did not even get that. So I am not repaying a favor. I just feel this situation was handled incredibly poorly!
2. I think Graeme has done many things that have deserved scrutiny and even discipline for....this is NOT one of them.
3. While I understand the comparison he was trying to make, it was not a good one. Like telling a joke, if you have to explain it, it failed.
4. If he was NOT relieved of his duties for this one incident, then why would he be relieved so soon after it?
5. Charlie Sykes really wanted Graeme fired.....last i checked Sykes does not run the Democratic party the way he does the republican party. Unless we let him! This week we let him.
6. Graeme and Mike Tate have been Synonymous for a while now and Graeme has even been known to be too zealous in attacking anyone who would dare criticize Mike Tate. Then he got demoted. If Mike Tate does not even have Graeme's back whose back does he have?
7. Check the newspapers since Graeme has been relieved of his duties, where are all of these positive stories now? Look at the state, public education is in shambles, we are about to pass an incredibly poor mining bill, Paul Ryan wants to accelerate the end of Medicare, the Assembly is making it harder to vote, easier to lay off people and making a mockery of the democratically elected Secretary of State position. Yet still nothing from the Democratic party.
8. I am sick of losing elections!
It is time for Mike Tate to tender his resignation. We have lost seat after seat after seat under his "leadership". The campaign for Governor in the recall election was horrible, there is no clear message to take to the people and no real interest being shown by the party to come up with one, no aggressiveness by anyone in the Democratic party, no real effort to bring a group of new blood into the fold, no one stepping up to run for Governor, there has been a complete disconnect between the party "leadership" to the grassroots(We had a tremendous amount of momentum two years ago that has all been squandered), a non-existent set of principles that they never waver from and no one who seems interested in running for Governor.
We need some decisive action to actually win in 2014 and it HAS to start now. Here are some of my suggestions:
1. Mike Tate HAS to go(see above).
2. Brett Hulsey also has to go - nuff said!
3. Actually get out and talk to people about what they want to see from the Democratic party.
4. Come up with a set of CORE beliefs that no one wavers from in the party.
5. Get Ed Fallone elected(when is the last time you saw Fallone in the news anyway?)!
6. No more consultants, no more BS and get aggressive.
7. MESSAGE! MEASSAGE! MESSAGE! find your own Frank Luntz to help get it out of you need to but GET IT OUT! We are in the minority and we need to do some things on a little more grandiose scale to get noticed by the people. It does not have to be to the extent or tone that Graeme took it, but we need to do something!
Finally for all of the righties who are going to be giddy about posts like this. Graeme Actually apologized for his tweet. When Scott Walker apologizes for wanting to bring "Agent Provocateurs" to the Capitol where I took my 4 year old daughter and 7 year old son, then lets talk!