By Jeff Simpson
I really tried to not get involved in the Graeme Zelinski twitter Battle, I really really did. However, the self righteousness of the democrats and dripping hypocrisy of the right wing, along with the cowering to the right wing pressure meant that Graeme Zelinski lost his position today.
It was the wrong move, done by a party notorious for making wrong moves, and everyone in Wisconsin will suffer for the consequences.
Graeme posted a tweet comparing the Jeffrey Dahmer legal bills to the Scott Walker legal defense fund spending upwards of $500,000 to skirt charges. Well the corporate media, lazy as ever, turned the story onto Graeme and not the fact that "son of a preacher man" is the ONLY governor in the US with a legal defense fund.
It is beyond the pale to compare anyone and anything to Jeffrey Dahmer so Zieleinski had to go because the right wingers said so. Thank Goodness, no one on the right ever said or did anyting stupid.
* It is not like Robin Vos compared recall elections to having cancer right? As a cancer survivor, that would offend me and a few million people. If he did that there is no way the republicans would reward him with the speaker position right?
* If Roger Rivard had ever said that "some girls rape easy" regarding a story about a 14 year old girl who had been raped, there is no way that the republicans would have supported him and cried when he lost right?
* Its not like radio hate sqwuaker Charlie Sykes has never libeled someone on the air right? If he had then there is no way he would be rewarded by JSONLINE with his own website!
* It is not like Graeme is local blogger, who advocated shooting volunteers who supported the recall effort.
* Its not like he is a republican senator who wants to get rid of a national holiday that many African Americans in the United States celebrate
* It is not like he is a republican senator who went on a childish democrat name calling rant and people still pretend to take him seriously.
* It is not like he is a "non-partisan" independent Supreme Court Justice who sat front row and cheered said Senator's childish extreme partisan rant.
* It is not like he seriously considered adding agent provocateurs to the protest, then refused to answer questions from the local police chief about it. I took my 4 year old daughter and 7 year old son, to the protests, if our Governor had said that, the press would have skewered him with questions right?
Finally, I get it, any comparison to Jeffrey Dahmer should be the end of your political career. There is no way the republicans would ever forgive this sin, so the democrats shouldn't either.
I actually agree with Robert Mentzer that Graeme has a checkered history, with much to answer for, BUT i do not agree that this is a fireable offense.
It is too bad we allowed the right wing noise machine to set Democratic policy.