Capper has done an excellent job letting us know who Ed Fallone is, and why he is the absolute right choice to be our next Supreme Court Justice in Wisconsin.
I want to cover a slightly different aspect. The Walker agenda. I received this email today from our friends at Americans for
Dear Jeffrey,Act 10 is working for Wisconsin but the courts still hold this important reform in their hands. The last challenge to this law is on the doorstep of the State Supreme Court and could be decided this spring.Ed Fallone has made it very clear that he would overturn Act 10 and turn back the clock to record deficits, out of control spending and rising property taxes.He called the current challenge to Act 10 "Serious" and has written about his opposition to the first time the Supreme Court upheld the law. He has also gotten support for his positions from the very public employee unions that are working to overturn the law.Act 10 has saved taxpayers $2 billion, turned a $3.6 billion deficit into a surplus and lowered property taxes for the first time in 12 years. Pure and simple, Act 10 is working.Call Ed Fallone at (920) 540-5875 to tell him that Act 10 is working for Wisconsin families.Yours in Liberty,Luke HilgemannState DirectorAFP- Wisconsin
Lets take a look at this quickly.
1. Act 10 is absolutely, unequivocally NOT working for Wisconsin.
2. Ed Fallone has absolutely NOT made it clear he would overturn ACT 10. Ed Fallone, in his duties as a Constitutional law professor at Marquette, has written that Judge Colas' ruling overturning parts of ACT 10 is a well written, thought out decision and that Judge Colas was correct in taking the lawsuit seriously.
When Hilgemann writes that Fallon "has made it clear" Hilgemann is lying!
3. Public unions have endorsed him. At least public unions are run and funded by public employees from WI. AFP-WI has endorsed Roggensack, who funds your operation Mr. Hilgemann?
4. Act 10 has "saved taxpayers" $2 billion? We know that is also not true, in a recession what ACT 10 has done is taken $2 billion worth of demand out of our economy.
5. While some people's taxes have gone down slightly(mine have risen), in their actual bill(I could explain to you how everyone's taxes have skyrocketed under walker but thats another post), are we supposed to elect Supreme Court Justices because they will "lower our taxes" or because we trust them to follow the law?
Is Hilgemann being deceitful here or is he just ignorant as to what a Supreme Court Justice's responsibilities really are?
Call Luke Hilgemann at 608-204-5915 and tell him to stop using out of state billionaires money to advance right wing lies to the people of WI.