the seventeenth week of Solidarity Fish Fry when we're about to have another one.
But this one already has a reason to celebrate!
I learned earlier this evening that the unions and management at Serb Hall have been working at getting a new contract. It's been a year since the old contract had expired, but it was reported that progress is being made. They've reached agreement on many of the items, but they are still miles apart on some key issues. But It was nice to see the union people looking cheerier than they have in a long, long time.
They asked to remind everyone that when you go to Serb Hall, either for the fish fry or to book an event, make sure that you ask for the union servers and cooks.
They also asked that be wary if they try to tell you that the contract has been settled, as they apparently have been doing to some people. The contract is closer than ever before, but negotiations are still ongoing.
So, to refresh everyone's memory, this is why we do the Solidarity Fish Fry in the first place.
And again - please pay attention - is how we do it:
- Go to Serb Hall in Milwaukee anytime between 11:30 am and 9 pm.
- Tell the host you want a union table - the servers are usually Michelle, Victoria and Sandra
- Enjoy a fish fry or buffet
- Leave a good tip and make sure they know it's in support of the union workers
- Move along so the other union supporters can get their fish fry on too.
And don't worry about Randy Bryce. I saw them unloading a couple of tanker trucks full of tartar sauce, so there just might be enough for all of us. Maybe.
And tell them that Cog Dis sent ya!