Friday, November 9, 2012

Compare/Contrast - Staffer Edition

1. Compare:   Mitt Rmoney cut his staff off the minute he knew he lost!
From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.
Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.
Thanks to Charles Pierce for his outstanding reporting during the whole campaign.

Sorry guys, this is a business and you no longer supply anything of value to Mitt so all bets are off.  Loyalty and appreciation do not exist in Mitt's world, just the bottom line.  Mitt needs every dollar he has for the next run for president!  Besides, the staffers should be lucky Mitt didn't ship their job to China

2. Contrast:  President Obama showed his appreciation to his staff - "I'm really proud of all you guys."
"I'm just looking around the room and I'm thinking wherever you guys end up ... you're just gonna do great things," Obama told his mostly young campaign staff in a video released by the campaign on Thursday night.
"And that's why even before last night's results, I felt that the work that I had done in running for office had come full circle," he said, his voice breaking up. "Because what you guys have done means that the work that I am doing is important."

"And I'm really proud of that. I'm really proud of all of you," he said, a tear rolling down his right cheek. As he wiped it away, the crowd of hundreds broke into applause. Obama also choked up on Monday night as he spoke at his final campaign rally in Iowa.

Obama recalled his time as a 20-something working as a community organizer in Chicago and "didn't know at all what I was doing." His staff, he said, is "so much better than I was."

"The most important thing you need to know is that your journey is just beginning, you're just starting," he said. "And whatever good we do over the next four years will pale in comparison to what you guys end up accomplishing for years and years to come. And that's been my source of hope."

"That's why, over the last four years, when people ask me about, 'how do you put up with this or that or the frustrations of Washington?' I just think about you," he continued. "And that's the source of my hope, that's the source of my strength and my insipration. And I know that you guys won't disappoint me because I've already seen who you guys are. And you all are just remarkable people and you've lifted me up each and every step of the way."



President Obama realizes that "they built this", and he owes them gratitude and loyalty and he would not be where he is today without them.    He also realizes they are human beings who will continue to go on and make a difference in their and our lives! 

America does not always get it right, but we sure did in this election!

1 comment:

  1. He didn't even buy them tickets back to China?

    ReplyDelete