Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quote of the Day!

Today's Quote of the Day comes from Missouri republican and Senate hopeful, and very good friend of Paul Ryan (R- Wall St.) Todd Akin.

When asked the best way to contact your congressman:


“I’ll tell you, it sounds sort of self-serving to say it but if you go out and somebody is working on campaigns and you find out that you like them, you think they’re a good person, you go help on their campaign, that gets their attention,” he continued.

“I’m in a three way primary for the U.S. Senate. I’ve gone to people and asked for their support, their help, or their endorsement and some people say yes. They write me a decent check. I remember that… You remember who’s helping you. That’s one way that people get to know Congressmen and Senators.” Todd Akin.




Claire McKaskil is his opponent!   

2 comments:

  1. Here's a good time to compare and contrast Republican and Democrat candidates. Your showing the way Akin thinks is a great indicator of the GOP mold. Akin's great initiative is to ask for a handout (for "help" to the giver...).
    In contrast, I'm not running for office, but have held a longstanding interest in politics. I involve myself on a grassroots level by reading and contributing to lefty blogs, as well as volunteering to canvass for Democratic candidates: I live in Fond du Lac.
    This morning I had the pleasure to meet the candidate running against our current Assembly officeholder, one Jeremy Thiesfeldt (a true red Walker-loving TeaBagger).
    Paul Czisney is a great person whose campaign was put on hold by having to deal with a cancer diagnosis--for which he is now recovering nicely. They will have a debate on October 23rd. Paul Czisney is very personable, yet quite focused on the issues our country and state face. He delivered a campaign sign for our front yard. He did not have his hand held out.
    As we're not cable TV subscribers, we enjoyed a humorous moment when he described a recent Jon Stewart episode, which you can find if you search on YouTube for "Chaos on bullshit mountain"!
    Czisney's got my vote, and I hope he has yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a good time to compare and contrast Republican and Democrat candidates... they all lie to the best of their ability. The GOTeabillies blatantly LIE! Go Paul Lyan!

    ReplyDelete