Monday, April 2, 2012

My Recommendations For Spring Elections

I won't go into a long, dragged out explanation for each race, but these are the people I'm voting for, or at least rooting for, if I'm not in their district.

National

President - Barack Obama

Milwaukee County

Comptroller  (under duress since I don't agree with this specially-created job) - Scott Manske

Circuit Court Branch 17 - Carolina Stark

County Board District 4 - Marina Dimitrijevic

County Board District 10 - David Bowen

County Board District 12 - Peggy Romo West

County Board District 18 - Tracey Corder

City of Milwaukee

Mayor - Jay Bullock

Comptroller - Martin Matson

Treasurer - Dual Endorsement for Spencer Coggs and Tim Carpenter

Common Council District 6 - Milele Coggs

Common Council District 8 - Benjamin Juarez

Common Council District 11 - Daniel Plumb  (I can't vote for the union-endorsed Dudzik after he wrote such a horribly racist letter and refused to apologize for it.)

Common Council District 14 - Tony Zielinski*

Common Council District 15 - Eyon Biddle

City of Wauwatosa

Common Council District 3 - Gregory Walz-Chojnacki

For the rest, the races are either uncontested or I don't have a preference or I don't like either candidate.  You'll notice that this list is much shorter than normal.  Like the unions, I have chosen to hold my endorsements for only those worthwhile.  I also want to point out that I'm endorsing less than even the unions and sometimes, even opposed to their choices.

So much for the fallacy that unions make one march to their orders.

*In the interest of full disclosure, I have assisted Zielinski in his campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment