Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Rare Gem

Since I started blogging, I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of wonderful people, from all walks of life and from all over the political spectrum.

I won't go into name dropping, since that's not what this post is about and not something I care to do.

But sometimes you meet someone that just really stands out for whatever reasons.

I've had that chance this past Thursday.

I had the opportunity to spend a few hours over coffee and good conversation with Lisa Mux, author of Waukesha Wonk (a new blogroll addition).

Lisa is a beautiful and charming young lady who comes from a family of politically savvy people. But it was neither her beauty, her charm, her enthusiasm or her well-versed knowledge of Wisconsin politics and bloggers that made her stand out to me, although they made three hours seem like three minutes.

It wasn't even the fact that she is one of the rarest of all demographics, a liberal in Waukesha County who isn't afraid to speak out against the overwhelming numbers of the fanatical and fatalistic believers of right wing politics, which made her so astonishing.

Lisa's most amazing gift, in my humble opinion, is her impeccable judgement of character.

Keep your eye on her. She's going places, I can tell these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment