Sunday, April 11, 2010

To Hell And Back

Grab a box of Kleenex and read this inspirational story of a young woman with some serious heart and will power.

Go get'em girl!

Sample:
Daniel Alloy, then a sergeant and now Brillion's police chief, listened as the boy told him his sister was being kept in a dog cage.

"I went in with the idea that this couldn't be possible - no one could do this to their own child," he said in a recent interview.

The parents denied any of their children were being confined and let him in.

Alloy went to the unheated basement and found a door with no knob or handle. He pushed it open and peered into the darkness. There was no bulb in the light socket, so he shone his flashlight and finally saw a small dog cage in the back of the cellar. All he saw inside the cage was a urine- and feces-stained blanket. Figuring nothing was inside, he picked it up to shake it and felt its heaviness - the weight of a scared 7-year-old girl. Then he saw two eyes peering out at him.

"I lost my ability to breathe from that point until I could get her out of the house. I didn't want (the parents) to have access to her. I was at the point where I could've lost my career by doing something stupid to them," Alloy said.

"I finally got my breath, and it was a whirlwind from there. It was like, 'Get these kids what they needed.' "

The officers asked the Rogers children what they wanted, and they said food. Someone went to McDonald's and brought back big sacks filled with hamburgers, which the kids devoured.

"Seeing all that stuff and having that emotion, I was never able to get rid of that. (Chelsea) and the kids have been in my thoughts constantly from that point," the police chief said. "I've been able to forget a lot of the bad things I've been through in my career . . . but I couldn't put that out."

No comments:

Post a Comment