Friday, February 26, 2010

Your Tax Dollars Not At Work - Day 2

In case you hadn't figured it out, I was able to report Scott Walker's fiscal malfeasance this afternoon because today was the second of my twelve twenty-two furlough days.

As I pointed out on Day 1, this isn't saving the tax payers any money. Now the County is $1,200 behind by furlough me alone. Multiply that by the thousands of revenue-generating workers and it becomes painfully clear this idea isn't working. And this doesn't mention that my clients aren't receiving services unless it's an emergency. Then another worker is taken from his or her duties to cover what I should and could have done, if I had been at work. The only way a person could think this was a good think is if he were a drunken sot.

And, of course, the County Executive and the County Board are not only not partaking in the fun, but are actually getting raises, and are exempt from all of the other cuts.

Walker is making sure the County is hemorrhaging money at every turn, as long as he thinks it looks good politically. Why would anyone support such recklessness and duplicity is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment