Monday, February 22, 2010

Republicans Are Already Doing Heavy Advertising

I just got back late this afternoon from a lovely weekend up north.

One of things that I noted, especially this morning as I was catching the news and Sunday talking head shows is that Terrence Wall must have dropped a fortune already on air time. If I saw his commercial (as can be seen at Blogging Blue) once, it must have been on 20 times this morning. It's a good thing for him that he hasn't paid taxes in the last fifteen years, otherwise he couldn't afford to drive people away by this very early, incessant yammering for attention.

Then when I got home, I see that Mark Neumann is also gearing up for some air time with his first commercial which he calls "Humble Beginnings." It is not as annoying as the Wall commercial and seems to be more or less a standard first commercial. Upbeat and light, but with a tinge of zest as he lays into Scott Walker's career politician status.

But to me, the most interesting thing I noted from the weekend was that I noticed my first bumper sticker for the gubernatorial race. What made it interesting is that it wasn't for Walker, Neumann or even Tom Barrett. The bumper sticker I saw was for Mark Todd. Apparently, neither Walker nor Neumann aren't making much of an impression up state.

1 comment:

  1. I go an idea. Why don't we trade all of the jobs that Terrence Wall created, that in turn produced tons of tax revenue for the state, for Wall's income taxes. Does it sound like a fair trade?

    I'm almost beside myself how liberals can boast about job creation and job preservation without providing businesses the very incentives that move the free market. Just beside myself.

    ReplyDelete