Friday, November 6, 2009

Aaron Rodriguez' Missing Posts

Aaron Rodriguez, writing at The Hispanic Conservative, has a post up calling for County Board Chairman Lee Holloway to step down. Rodriguez cites the over-the-top rhetoric* that Holloway had used at the beginning of the budgeting session and his continuing troubles with keeping his rental properties up to code as the reasons for his calling Holloway out.

Fair enough.

But I am anxiously awaiting at least three more posts from Rodriguez.

One post would be calling for Supervisor Paul Cesarz to step down. After all, Cesarz has failed to pay his taxes. On top of that, he is being sued due to not paying on his debts with his house-flipping scheme.

Obviously, if Holloway is unqualified due to his problems keeping his properties up to code, Cesarz is equally unqualified, since he can't keep up on his properties, his debts or his taxes. And don't even get me going on the large negative balance in his campaign war chest. What's up with that?

Rodriguez' second post will surely be calling for Supervisor Joe Sanfelippo to stand down. Sanfelippo proudly aligned himself with the group whose members assault women and their husbands. Sanfelippo's questionable attitude, especially towards women, when he insults another supervisor, telling her "Perhaps your memory is going out," among other things.

Sanfelippo has also insulted a mentally ill constituent and started to tell lies about her on the very day her mother passed away.

And, of course, there is the simple fact that he flat out lied to all of his constituents about the recently passed resolution to study the impact of extending health care benefits to domestic partners of eligible county workers.

Again, if Holloway's behaviors make him unfit for office, Sanfelippo's behaviors and bigoted attitude should keep him out of office for the rest of his life.

But the post that I am really anxiously waiting for is the one where Rodriguez calls for Scott Walker to step down.

Surely, if anyone is called on to step down, it is Scott Walker. He has repeatedly shown that he cannot effectively manage Milwaukee County and run for governor at the same time. And not only is he incapable of that regard, Walker took it beyond the pale when he played political gains with 180 county workers, their families and the poor, elderly and/or disabled clients those workers serve.

Walker has also been caught in many lies and hypocrisies, showing that he is not credible and cannot be trusted. Walker also showed himself to be a bigot just this morning, when he lied about the cost of a study regarding extending health care to domestic partners.

Obviously, someone that would put his own political aspirations before the community that he is supposed to be serving and even before his own credibility isn't suitable for such an important office such as county executive.

Yes, I am anxiously awaiting for Aaron Rodriguez to write these posts. And I know he will.

You see, Rodriguez takes pride in his writing and considers himself to be fair and open-minded. To omit these three other posts would belie that self-description, and show him to be just another hypocritical, right wing partisan hack.

*The CRG mailing announcing the Walker campaign rally was indeed race-baiting.

13 comments:

  1. Scott Walker is hard put to Manage Milwaukee County when he is not running for Governor. Joel McNally said once that [through his over ridden vetoes and inability to find creative ways to raise revenue for the county and eventually raise a tax or two has marginalized himself to the point of ineffectiveness.] -paraphrase.

    Mr. Walker wanted to save the county again by by cutting jobs in the middle of a deep recession. 180 jobs were to be cut until it was learned that this was being done more to fulfill an ideological agenda than necessity or to "save the county". Who needs a recession to remove precious jobs from Milwaukee County when Scott Walker will do it on a whim. I am disgusted.

    Sincerely,

    Dave2201

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ideological agenda are you talking about, Dave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron, when are you going to write those other posts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Capper, are you instructing what to publish on my blog? Because if we're doing that, I have some ideas for MCF that I would like implemented. Fair enough?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've already posted your concerns numerous times.

    I am merely returning the favor. You have prided yourself on your writing. I am merely pointing out an oversight, I'm sure.

    So when will you do these posts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Capper, I admit that I'm partisan. I don't pretend to be a centrist. And you're right about the pride I take in my writing, but I think you're confused about what exactly I take pride in.

    I take pride in using a lot of sources and facts in my articles while trying my damnedest to minimize my assumptions (Occams's Razor).

    My criticisms of you are based upon the amount of assumptions you make, in particular, about the motives of other people. By doing that, you are not only setting yourself up to be wrong, but also putting yourself in a position to post retractions like some of our conservative bloggers did over the Barbara Lawton story.

    And if you recall, I blasted Dad29 on his blog for posting the Lawton story without confirming it first. This shows that whether conservative or liberal, I have little respect for people who post falsehoods when they've been around long enough to know better.

    So in short, no, I will not post your suggestions on my blog in the interests of balance. I take pride, not in the balance of topics I choose, but in the knowledge that my articles make good and careful arguments - arguments that won't bite me in the but later when the are shown to be false.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My criticisms of you are based upon the amount of assumptions you make, in particular, about the motives of other people. By doing that, you are not only setting yourself up to be wrong, but also putting yourself in a position to post retractions like some of our conservative bloggers did over the Barbara Lawton story.

    [...]

    ...I take pride, not in the balance of topics I choose, but in the knowledge that my articles make good and careful arguments - arguments that won't bite me in the but later when the are shown to be false.


    That, sir, has been proven, repeatedly, to be demonstrably false.

    Perhaps you need to go back and reflect on your own writings before you make such laughably hypocritical statements as you just did here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nimrod, nobody really cares about the lawton story anymore,just answer cappers' questions and admit what a f---ing disaster walker has been.what a joke sanflippo is and toss in cesarz and borkowski,and you'll have a recipe for "milwaukee county douche bag stew".

    ReplyDelete
  9. good.nice comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I'm done here."

    Cons always come back so strong when someone holds them accountable for their words and actions, don't they?

    With the use of people's jobs as a campaign stunt, Walker's act has gone from typical GOP silliniess to downright repugnant. He and his followers completely lack class or any idea of governance, and I'd recommend that the County Board either 1. Impeach him for dereliction of duty or 2. Pass his ridiculous budget and make everyone see the disastrous consequences of ideology over reality.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jake,

    I don't mind debating an issue or even giving Chris' website some extra content, but when the discussion devolves into name calling, then it becomes a waste of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually, Jake, I think that option number two is going to become the more likely scenario. There are two ways the Board can throw this back on Walker, and it will blow his campaign to hell. How is he going to run for governor with a broken county?

    ReplyDelete