Saturday, October 3, 2009

There He Goes Again

I would have left this as a comment on The Hispanic Conservative, but my last couple of comments have not been allowed to go through. Aaron Rodriguez apparently does not like being proven wrong.

But not to the gist of the matter.

Rodriguez again chooses to ignore reality to put his own special twist of lies and inaccuracies into one of his propaganda pieces.

So let's help Aaron out with a little blogging intervention, shall we?

While it is true that I am active in my union, it is common for any public person to refer to union members as "union brothers and sisters." It is not all unlike how Christians will refer to each other in similar terms, as they consider others to be brothers and sisters as God's children.

And how could he not be aware of our friendship with AFSCME since it is right there on our homepage? He must be so desperate to try to spin things in defense of the indefensible that he is blind to what is right in front of him.

Also, Aaron accuses MCF of trying to influence the gubernatorial election. Funny, even our mission statement doesn't include that. Now, if Walker can't produce a viable budget, and that in turn hurts his campaign, that is not our fault, only Walker's.

Aaron's reading trouble's include not being able to tell the difference between "Milwaukee County First" and "Cognitive Dissidence." Must be all the big words that gets him confused. (Oh, and by the way, Aaron, I had already put up a disclaimer on my profile a long, long time ago, when I first became Chair of the PEOPLE Committee. Please do try to keep up with the bigger kids.)

And for members? Well, on our Facebook page, we have 82 on one and 180+ on the other. And Aaron, don't forget that we also have a hard copy petition going around, which is far exceeding our expectations. And we keep getting more every day. Not bad for a group that doesn't receive a ton of special interest cash like CRG does, but relies almost solely on word of mouth.

And Milwaukee County consists of everyone living in Milwaukee County, not just the taxpayers. That is a very undeserved elitist attitude you hold forth there.

ADDENDUM: Aaron tries, and fails, again. He has now added an addendum to his post in response to this one. Again, since he is not letting comments through, I am forced to respond here.

Aaron must not have a diverse realm of friends, since he is not familiar with all the different sects of Christianity. But that is neither here nor there.

What I don't understand is why Aaron tries to pretend that Walker's budget is good. Denying services to the most vulnerable is a disgrace, and ruining the local economy just to put one's political aspirations ahead of the public good is unconscientious. For Walker to act like he is doing something good when he is spreading misinformation and trying to conceal the truth is, well, hypocritical.

Then again, I may have answered my own question about Aaron. Birds of a feather...

15 comments:

  1. Make that 88 and 183. See how fast they keep growing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would respond, but I instead made an addendum to my article. It works better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, why bother with Aaron? He's as hyper-partisan as they come, so it's no use trying to reason with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have much time, so I went for the low hanging fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capper,

    Are you sure you want to start correcting me on religion?

    I own and operate a religious debate site called www.beliefcorner.com.

    I'm not sure you want to challenge me on how Christians are supposed to greet to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may want to rephrase your comment. No where did I say how Christians should behave. I only mentioned how some Christians do behave.

    Remember the Commandment about not bearing false witness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From...The Hispanic Conservative: "This is because the Holy Spirit resident in Christians qualifies them to be children of God."

    So...if someone is not a "christian" by Aaron's standards then they are disqualified from being a child of God? This is the mentality that causes such hatred and violence in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon,

    That's not my standards - that's Christian theology.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is more than one branch of Christianity. Do you embrace them all or are you selective?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaron: "Christians only refer to other Christians as brethren. This is because the Holy Spirit resident in Christians qualifies them to be children of God."

    Chris: "Aaron must not have a diverse realm of friends, since he is not familiar with all the different sects of Christianity. But that is neither here nor there."

    ---------------

    Mainstream and most non-Mainstream Christians will not refer to non-Christians as brothers or sisters. I am sorry, but that is just the way it is.

    The term "brethren", in the scriptures, is used only in reference to those who have become Christians by the spiritual act of the "new birth". When they are born anew, they have become "adopted" sons of God, and are thereby spiritual siblings with other Christians.

    If, perchance, your particular church is in the habit of referring to non-Christians as brothers and sisters, then they are (A. outside mainstream Christianity, and are B. not using the terms consistent with two thousand of years of Christian practice.

    Now let me ask you this: do you still want to continue embarrassing yourself, or are you going to recruit more anons to tell me what a callous, bigoted Christian I am for knowing Christian theology?

    Between you and I, I think you better stick with politics and leave Christian theology and practices to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between you and I, I think you better stick with politics and leave Christian theology and practices to me.

    Oh, so now I can't be a Christian?

    You could have just said "Selective," and not shown the bigotry too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, okay, now I understand. So you don't just need a lesson in Christian theology, but in exegesis as well. Perhaps you should go back and try reading what I wrote instead of trying to shift the direction of discussion.

    Just admit that you used the wrong analogy because you don't know Christianity that well.

    We will all understand, Chris.

    And trust me, I won't hold it against you - maybe I will publishing a post about it, but I won't hold it against you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You go do whatever you need to do, Padre. Meanwhile, I will follow the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaron...do you agree with the "christian theology" you are reciting?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaron, I run a politics website called http://www.bloggingblue.com

    By your logic, that must mean I'm an expert on all things political!

    I don't care what website you run, you're still a hack.

    ReplyDelete