Thursday, July 30, 2009

Another Defender Of The Sanctity Of Marriage

Just after I posted about the so-called defenders of marriage, comes another striking example of such bravery:
Asking for the forgiveness of his constituents and his wife, and a week to the hour after news first broke of his affair with a young legislative intern, state Sen. Paul Stanley announced Tuesday evening that he is resigning from the legislature on Aug. 10.

"I hope people will forgive me for what I have done. I want them to stay engaged in the process because I feel it's important. To Kristi: Honey, I apologize. I have asked for her forgiveness and she has forgiven me," Stanley told listeners of Ben Ferguson's evening news-talk show on Memphis' WREC-AM 600.

"It's difficult for us," he said. "My marriage may be a consequence of this, but I have got to use this in my life as something to move forward with and to create a better life."
This keeps happening, but Appling and her cohorts say we can't let homosexual couples get married because they're a threat to marriages somehow.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment