Monday, April 20, 2009

Thank You For Your Support

As many of you already know, I am the Wisconsin Editor for BlogNetNews.com. The job is really nothing big, simply adding new political blogs as I come across them and removing the dead ones.

One of the big draws for BNN is their influence index. The index is supposed to be based on some mysterious algorithm that takes into account a variety of things, that as far as I can figure out, include the number of posts on a site, the number of hits, the number of comments, the number of links to and from the site, how many "Rs" are in the month, if your check to David Mastio bounced, and if you are getting the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin B-6.

The index, in my humble opinion, is more of a point of interest rather than something to be taken to seriously. It is of questionable accuracy and at best could serve like a bellwether of how one is doing. An analogy of it would be trying to figure out the weather in Fond du Lac based on the weather report in Milwaukee.

All that said, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that Cognitive Dissidence had somehow slipped into the number one spot in the index:



Trust me when I say that I am sure Mr. Mastio has been having his crack tech people working on it to make sure this doesn't happen again. :)

But just in case it is genuine, I must say a most heartfelt thank you to you, gentle readers. After all, without you, I would be just talking to myself. What makes me even more humbled is when I look at the list of people that signed up to be Friends of the Realm. I've only met six of those people, and some I had to beg and guilt trip into joining. The far majority are people that I've never met and don't know, yet they were kind enough to be willing to be my friends. Publicly even. Everyday, that astonishes me and gives me the energy to carry on.

Equally humbling are the people that I know that come to this site on at least a somewhat semi regular basis. Some because they often agree, some because they often disagree. But the ones that disagree are just as valuable as my friends, if not more so, since that is where genuine dialogue and conversation and progress comes from. And that is what my humble site is all about. To promote the betterment of the world, or at least our little corner of it, through intelligent discourse and hopefully mutual understanding.

Whatever motivates you to come here, whether it is to read and agree with my sage words, to read and get upset when I challenge your worldview, or to see cute pictures of caffeine-addicted squirrels (one of the more common google searches of late), thank you. And keep coming back. I enjoy the company.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Kingly One,

    It's rigged!

    Why, I noticed "The Chief" is #18 under "Conservative" influence. What next?

    That proves someone has (pardon my English) royally effed-up.

    Anyway, I remember when I was one of the lowly few who had you on my blog roll. So, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I thought I had fixed that. I guess I was wrong.

    ...

    OK, it's fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out. And my most humble apologies to The Chief. I never meant to insult him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats !!! Oh, and I'm now officially a stalker.. Um, follower...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Thought you had fixed it?" See what I mean? "Fixed!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexander-

    Welcome Stalker Friend. :)

    Janet-

    :-P

    ReplyDelete