Monday, April 6, 2009

La Familia Is Safe

I have relatives in Italy, near the area of the devastating earthquake. Although I haven't talked to them directly yet, it appears that they are all OK at this time.

My heart goes out to the ones that aren't and their families.

Here are some photos of the area and the devastation.

UPDATE: I just spoke to my aunt Livia in Fabriano, Italia . La familia was far enough away (it turns out they are some 70 miles from the epicenter) that they felt it rattle the windows and some of the flatware, but it caused no serious damage.

She did say, however, that the economy is really struggling there. They live in a small town and she said that she hadn't seen these many people without work since she was a little girl, during the Great Depression.

3 comments:

  1. How can someone with your last name be Italian? LOL... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...I'm happy your family is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather on my mother's side was full blooded Italian. He was raised in Italia until he came back to the US in 1931.

    ReplyDelete