Thursday, April 30, 2009

Be Careful, Bloggers!

A faithful reader told me that they were doing a search for Blogging Blue, the home site for my good friend Zachary Wisniewski (don't you just love his work?!).

One of the items that came up was this one:


When I clicked the link, it got even funnier:
At this point, apparently, Tom had dropped out of USF (where Michael still attends school), quit his part time job of waiting tables at the local bar and would rarely ever been seen away from his computer. “He blogged so much, sweat beads would form on his upper lip,” stated Michael. “I mean, dude spoke in XML. He would freak out any friends I invited over when they would try to talk to him. He would always say shit like, ‘You don’t validate as RSS 2.0′ and then try to hurt them.”

Michael found Tom deceased at his computer a few days ago coming home from work. His cold hands still grasped the keyboard after he was pronounced dead. Surely enough, there were 15+ tabs open on Firefox, the bloggers preferred interweb browser. All of the pages open were blog related. The police were baffled and stated that this was the first case of blogging death that they have on record. “I just want people to know that blogging is potentially dangerous. I wish I could have helped Tom before it was too late,” Michael sobbed.

So let that be a warning to all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I had better be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from the guy who sensationalizes stuff like Mark Neumann's church saying the pope is the antichrist, when we all know it's Barack Obama.

    BTW, Zach, do you want the south-east or south-west part of the garden?

    ReplyDelete