Monday, March 30, 2009

St. Aemilian's-Lakeside Taking Over For La Causa

Reggie Bicha announced today that St. Aemilian's-Lakeside is taking over for La Causa. La Causa is the private agency that was overseeing the foster care cases on the south side of Milwaukee, until it was found out that they were responsible for the cases of Christopher L. Thomas and his sister, who were tortured until Christopher was murder.

I will admit that I am pleasantly surprised that they did not chose CFCP, the spawn of Children's Hospital and Children's Service Society, which would have given them a monopoly on all the ongoing case management and safety services.

I worked with St. Aemilian's once during my time working for child welfare, when they provided temporary residential treatment for one of my kids that was suffering from Reactive Attachment Disorder. I found them to be caring and competent and invested in the children.

Of course, how they did in residential treatment doesn't necessarily translate in how they will do working under the BMCW's faulty design.

I do sincerely wish them the best of luck, if not for them, for the children who are forced to rely on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment