Sunday, February 22, 2009

Changing The World

This loldog hit home for me:


The last three dogs in my life, including the current one, Rusty the Wonder Beagle, have been rescue animals.

It is also why I could never work in an animal shelter. I would want to adopt them all.

But if you are ever considering a pet, please check out the Wisconsin Humane Society, or if you're not from the Milwaukee area, please check out Petfinders.

And if you are already a pet owner, and find that you are no longer able to care for your pet, please contact your local animal shelter, as opposed to letting the animal loose or something worse.

3 comments:

  1. Our first dog when I was a kid was a small poodle named McDuff. I loved that dog. We got him from the pound the day they were going to put him to sleep. Cutest little pup you ever saw. Dogs give us much more than we give them. The simple calming effect of petting a dog is payback enough. Cats, on the other hand, are still targets! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my younger and more unPC days, we used to say that there was nothing wrong with cats. Especially if you had the right BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I think the WI Humane Society does great work and I donate to them, I also would like to bring awareness about the Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control. They take donations also, and have animals for adoption. They don't have the exposure that the Humane Society has.

    ReplyDelete