Sunday, January 11, 2009

If We Shanty Pass This Way Again

From JSOnline:

An ice shanty - or the remaining parts of one - slowed up traffic on westbound I-94 near Brookfield for a short time tonight.

The shanty being hauled on a trailer fell onto the highway about 7:20 p.m., according to Waukesha County Sheriff's Lt. Neil Dussault. Several motorists swerved to avoid the runaway hut, but one caught a side of the building and overturned.

Fortunately, no one was serious hurt. But I would love to see the look at the insurance claim adjuster's face when he or she took that call, "Hello? I need to file a claim. My car got hit by a shanty."

4 comments:

  1. About 12 years ago, I was crusing up I-94 in my rig. I saw a boat, sans trailer, sitting on the shoulder at Rawson. Up by Layton, there was the driver of a piuck-up truck, looking at his empty boat trailer, and scratching his head. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope.

    She has to say that her car HIT a shanty, which is the truth.

    Even worse for her, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends, Dad.

    If the hut was stationary, the driver hit it. But if the shanty was still spinning from its momentum, it hit the car.

    Why do you presume the driver was a she? The article gives no indication of the gender of the driver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Non-discrimination.

    "She" was next in rotation...

    ReplyDelete