Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And A Good Time Was Had By Most

As previously advertised on this here blog, last night was the special inaugural edition of Drinking Liberally.

I am afraid I arrived late, so I missed out on the good food, but I did get to see Interpol drag George W. Bush off to stand trial before the World Court. Well, OK, it was really an actor that was leaving, but I can have my fantasies too, you know.

As always, it was a pleasure to see our gracious host, Jason Haas, as well as my good friends, Zach, Greg and Jay. Team Maverick, that dashing young duo, were there as well. It is always a pleasure to see them.

The night did hold two more special treats for me. Nick came out with his wonderful S.O., the (much) young(er) and better looking Ally*. I made sure he didn't leave disappointed by giving him a thorough thrashing.

I also got to, for the first time, meet an old friend, the ever elusive Tim Rock. It was nice to finally meet him.

*For the readers that like to make assumptions, it is an inside joke. You really had to be there.

1 comment: