Friday, December 5, 2008

Oops, They Did It Again

Last night, I posted about the disappointing editorial in yesterday's newspaper. This did not go unnoticed by the editorial board, who posted something on their blog, mentioning my post.

Unfortunately, they missed the mark again. They provide a link to the stories regarding the death of Christopher L. Thomas, Jr., but that wasn't the point of my post. Yeah, well I've got my own archive as well. Two of them in fact. One from here, and one from there.

First of all, it is not the editorial board that does the reporting.

Secondly, I had congratulated Mr. Stephenson in my post on the work he has been doing.

Thirdly, my complaint was on how they gave a pass to State Senator Alberta Darling. They still didn't address that issue.

However, I will wait until I can view their promised video of their discussion on said editorial, before I go further in that regard. However, it would be nice to know why I'm still banned.

In other developments, the steering committee held a special meeting today. Denise Revels Robinson once again promised to do a thorough investigation and make changes to improve the system. Of course, she says this every time a child is killed or severely harmed while under the Bureau's supervision.

Also, playing the same drum beat, Darling promised to introduce legislation to make the system more transparent. Too bad she didn't think of doing in this at any time in the last ten years. At least it seems she's dropped the pretense that she is going to fix the system. I don't think people were buying that story anymore.

I still hold that to start to seriously work on fixing the system, one of the first things is that they need to fire Revels Robinson. The state legislature and Governor Doyle then need to take a serious look at the system, and start passing laws that actually mean something constructive.

But even more alarming than Revels Robinson and Darling playing the same old song, is the news that the case worker that was supposed to be managing he case for Christopher and his sister, is STILL assigned to the little girl's case! Now maybe you understand my skepticism regarding what anyone from the Bureau or the State says about this. There is no reason in the world why that case was not transferred to another worker.

Well, there is one. Sheer incompetence by the Bureau.

3 comments:

  1. You're banned from commenting at the JSOnline? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Cannot leave a comment on any JSOnline site or on their CommunityNow sites.

    I keep getting told that I am invalid. How rude is that? Especially considering some of the people they let blog, that they cite, that they let comment and that they link to. It does boggle the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it's happening in my state of Washington. Here's the story. http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2012/12/state-to-pay-11-million-to-foster-children-from-tacoma-house-of-horrors/

    ReplyDelete